Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Honks .88 cent Tuesday's

Yesterday, I braved the storm and went to the dollar store. Every Tuesday, all $1.00 items at Honk's are .88, which does not seem like a huge savings, but it really does add up. I was surprised to find two items in particular there. The first one was Wheaties Fuel Cereal (AKA - the scary man cereal at my house).

I bought this cereal last year, during a cereal promo at Smith's. We really like it, especially my kids. It is so expensive at the grocery store, somewhere between $3-4 per box, so I never buy it. Yesterday, I found it at the dollar store. I always check the date on items like these, just to make sure they are not way over their date. The date is March 12, 2011! There were not very many left on the shelf, but if you like this cereal, and you are at the dollar store, it is something worth checking into!
They also had the actual Nilla wafers brand Vanilla Wafers. I looked for the Nabisco symbol, just to make sure! The date on these is Feb 22, 2011, I really could not believe it! Boy, were my kids excited when I brought these home! I bought a couple of boxes of each of these items.
I don't know if these deals will last too long, but it sure was fun to see them yesterday.
I also bought my kids valentines. Two boxes of valentines, along with three bags of suckers, (total of 60 suckers) for $4.40, plus tax. That takes care of my two girls, plus we will have a few leftover. I don't think I have ever spent so very little on valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment