Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chicken Breasts as low as $1.28 per pound!



The price of Chicken Breasts has dropped again! I did not think they would go any lower than $1.49 a pound, but they have. In order to get them for $1.28 a pound, you have to buy them in a 40 pound box.

Here are some ideas of what to do will all that chicken!


**Divide up the chicken and freeze it in separate bags. I like to freeze whole chicken breasts, as well as chicken chunks & strips.


**Cook some of it and freeze it. It makes for a really easy and quick meal.


**Make freezer meals that use chicken.


**Can it! I have not yet attempted to do this yet, but I hope to soon. You need to have a pressure canner to can chicken. I'm hoping that there will be another good sale when the weather warms up. Our stove is not equipped to handle our heavy pressure canner, so we do the majority of our canning on our camp chef outside.
Let us know if you have any other ideas to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment