Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chicken Breasts $1.28 a pound at Macey's

Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts are on sale this week at Macey's. You can get a 40 lb. box for $1.28 a pound. I bought a case in January. I divided it up and froze it. Now that the weather has started to warm up, I plan on buying another one and canning it outside on our camp chef stove. I was at my sister-in-law's house last week, and she opened a can of chicken she canned last year. It was so tender and yummy. I am really excited about canning some this week. My sister-in-law mentioned that she hardly ever makes freezer meals anymore because it's just so easy to open up a can of chicken for a meal. She told me that you can fit about 1 pound of chicken in a pint canning jar. Have any of you canned meat before? Let us know how what your experience has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment