Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coupon Funk

As you may have noticed, we started this blog in January, and then did not post anything for a few weeks. I have always heard about what is termed a "coupon funk", where couponing takes a back seat for a while. I believe I went through a funk in February and most of March. I did not want to go through coupons. I had a stack of coupons piling up , and it seemed like a major chore to even look at them, let alone sit down and clip them out. I did not use many coupons, if any at all at the store. I spent a lot more money on groceries, and on several occasions, I have had to borrow money from other areas in our budget to make up the money I was spending on groceries that was over and above our budgeted amount. I believe we all go through times like this in our lives. Couponing is not for everyone, but one thing I learned about myself during this time is that I love to coupon. I don't spend hours every week doing it. I have one night a week that I go through my coupons, and clip and organize them. What I do not get done during this time, can wait until the next week. Now that I am getting caught up, I want to get our budget back on track. My goal this month, is keep within our grocery budget, and to only shop once a week. We have plenty in our food storage, and I bought 4 of the produce vouchers from Macey's when City Deals had them on for half price last week, so I should not have to go to the store more than once a week. I feel like these goals will help me to get back on track. I just love how every day is an opportunity to do better than we did the day before. It's good to have set-backs every once in a while. They help us do better, and be better. I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment