Thursday, April 7, 2011

Curse or Blessing?

Last weekend, my dryer sheets apparently fell in the garbage can in my laundry room and accidentally were thrown away. It was Saturday morning that I realized this. I did go to the store after, but I forgot to buy some while I was there. After I realized I forgot to buy more, I really did not feel like going back to the store to buy some. So, I thought I would try going without. I decreased the drying time, as an experiment to see if I really did need dryer sheets. Well, after almost a week, I still have not bought any. I found that if I decrease the drying time, our clothes still get dry, without static. So, we are saving money on not buying dryer sheets, and we are not using as much electricity, which is also saving money. When I set my dryer, I try under-drying the clothes, then if I need to turn the dryer back on for a few minutes, I can do so.
So, as frustrated as I was that they dryer sheets were thrown away, it really has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Life is like this sometimes. We sometimes are giving opportunities to grow that may on the outside not look they will help us, but really are blessings in disguise.



Now, if I could just see the blessing in all of this snow we are getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment